Thursday, October 14, 2010

Artist Week 7

1. Edward Robert Hughes

An English painter who specialized in watercolor and gouache to create flowing, dreamy fairytale scenes of mostly women.  He also utilized lighting to create that atmosphere.



2. Edward Hopper

Most known for his oil paintings, Hopper painted like he was capturing a moment in time.  In his "Nighthawks," he realistically captures an intimate moment between late-nighters. As a night owl myself, it relates to me personally.




3. John Wonnacot

Wonnacot uses his distinct style of painting to add a twist of perspective and lighting to make a sight Wonderland effect.




4. Antoine Bourdelle

I gotta say that the French know how to produce sculptors.  His mythological sculptures could rival that of Rodin.

  5. Sandro Botticelli

I remember looking at his "The Birth of Venus" in first grade, the teacher asked us to be mature. lol.  I've never liked the composition because it seemed unbalance, but I guess it had to be to get the effect of wind blowing her to shore.  I've always loved the flow of movement and texture in each of the figures in the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment